Under the patronage of the President of the University of Technology (Prof. Amin D. Thamer), the Department of Computer Engineering at the University organized scientific symposium in cooperation with the Informatics Institute for Postgraduate Studies in the Iraqi Commission for Computers & Informatics titled (applied projects for postgraduate studies are an active contribution in solving scientific and social problems in our dear country ) On Monday, 25/2/2019, at the Conference Hall in the Computer Engineering Department.
The symposium started with the National Anthem, recitation of verses from the Holy Quran and recitation of Surat Al-Fatihah in honor of the martyrs of Iraq, followed by the speech of the President of the University in which he welcomed the attendees and emphasized the importance of including computer programs in practical and social applications. Prof. Amin D. Thamer also thanked the Department of Computer Engineering for organizing the seminars in this field of research, followed by the department speech delivered by the scientific assistant (Asst. Prof. Dr. Hassan J. Hassan).
The seminar covered three aspects of postgraduate studies applied research, which were presented by Asst. Prof. Dr. Mohammed N. Abdullah, Asst. Prof. Dr. Mouayd S. Croock representing the Computer Engineering Department, also Dr. Amer S. Falih represented the Informatics Institute for Postgraduate Studies. The talks were with the presence of the Dean of the Department of Computer Engineering (Prof. Ahmed S. AbdelAmir) and the Dean of the Institute of Informatics for Graduate Studies (Prof. Refah S. Ahmed).
The symposium ended the presenting of certificates to the lecturers, the scientific and preparatory committee, in addition to the following recommendations:
1. To support the research trends of postgraduate students to contribute effectively to solving the industrial, productivity and social problems in addition to health in our dear country.
2. To approach the beneficiaries of the research for the purpose of exploiting the existing research and contribute to solve current problems through the projects of graduate students.
3. To Emphasis on cooperation between academic institutions and their involvement in solving scientific and productive problems.
4. To Urge the researchers to work as research teams to ensure productive scientific work.
5. To elevate the scientific level of graduate students by implementing the scientific programs which are applied in the developed countries to put the footprint of our beloved country in the scientific field.
Wednesday, 13 March 2019 22:42